some projects

1:01 AM Edit This 5 Comments »
Camera battery charged long enough to get some pics off.
The new iPhoto is pretty nice! I'm not sure what version, the latest Leopard update as of today. It gave me a nice photo preview even before I had them off my camera, and was super speedy at uploading them.

Made this about a month ago. Now that it's been safely handed over to its recipient I can post it without ruining the surprise.




The sock is made of stretchy conductive fabric. When you place it over the sockless foot it closes a circuit located inside the guitar and the little character starts jamming to "Born to be Wild" (salvaged from a musical greeting card). I wanted to put in a little vibrating motor so it would really rock out but decided not to push my electronics luck this time.

I decided to make some Zip Flops yesterday:


25-cent zippers from a surplus fabric store + Target flip flops + duct tape.

I've been messing around with camera settings/lighting to try and get better project shots. Here's another attempt at the previously posted Merbie, I think it shows the texture a bit better. Any tips for further improvement would be appreciated.



I should get some better pictures of this little guy but I wanted to show him off:



There are magnets on his feet so he can climb fridges (presumably to get to the honey nut cheerios stored on top).

This book is wonderful, I used her template and lots of super useful tips.

5 comments:

TrampledbyGeese said...

That guitar playing dude is fantastic. It's amazing that you made him able to actually play music. He reminds me of someone I know...family resemblance perhaps?

Natalie Freed said...

Birthday prezzie for a family member we both know, if that's what you mean. :)

Thank you!

em said...

curses...i thought the day would never come when i would see acceptable flipflops.
those are badass. *cringe* THERE I SAID IT.
-emma


norcal pride...flipflops are for so-cows

Natalie Freed said...

woohoo!!

Natalie Freed said...

dangit blogthing don't email me that I left a comment on my own post!