Ugh

11:43 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
I swear I am the most contrary person ever. The moment I have to do something I don't want to, but I am uber motivated to get stuff done that I don't have to do. I spent last week working on a volunteer robots project and this weekend tutoring C++ stuff I didn't know and which was harder than the assignments I did have to get done. When I did work on the projects I had to do, I did them in reverse order of urgency. This is both silly and rather obnoxious: it's a bit spoiled of me to ask for freedom in order to fulfill obligations. I'm nonetheless counting this among one of the best weeks of my life. It was the week after an absolutely insane bout of midterms and project deadlines, and I unexpectedly had time to go to office hours, to really learn rather than cram, to do work I enjoyed, and to spend time helping and working with classmates. The storm resumes in 7 minutes (the start of Monday morning), but the hiatus was wonderful.

2 comments:

DrSunshine said...

Joy, for learning things you want to. Poo-poo for messed-up priorities. Unfortunately, nobody except you has the power to change that.

"You has".

Huh.

DrSunshine said...

Also: 11:47pm. My God, you college kids and your staying up at ungodly hours of the night. I'll never understand you people.